Wedding insurance is a type of private event insurance that protects a couple's investment from circumstances beyond their control leading up to and on their wedding day - coverage can be purchased to protect the wedding, wedding ceremony, reception, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
The core policy typically provides coverage for:
- Wedding Video/Photo Coverage – if the photographer or videographer doesn't show up for the event, or does not deliver photos and videos when promised.
- Protection for Wedding Gifts – excludes cash and gift cards.
- Special Attire and Jewelry Coverage – includes coverage for lost or damaged dresses or attire and special jewelry coverage that includes lost or damaged wedding rings.
- Coverage for Lost Deposits – protects lost deposits, such as those paid to bakers, caterers, bridal boutiques and wedding venues that go out of business.
- Additional Wedding Expenses – can provide coverage for additional and unexpected expenses that come up, such as replacing a damaged wedding cake, spoiled food and other glitches in catering and entertainment.